Hilliard Freedom Fest
Sorry, kids. I know I let you down this year, but this illness just won't quit. Next year will be better, I promise. Wondering what the deal is on Fireworks in 2020? Click here to read my CoronaVirus statement.
3800 Veterans Memorial Drive
City/State/Zip: Hilliard, Ohio 43026
County: Franklin County
Parade at 9AM; Live Music; Food Trucks; Kids Zone; Nationally Known Musicians and Fireworks at 9:50!
The annual Hilliard 4th of July event is back this year! Join us next Wednesday for a day full of family fun!
The celebration will start at the Freedom Under Old Glory parade at 10 a.m. Please keep in mind that the route has changed this year due to construction. It will depart from the fairgrounds but end at the United Methodist Church. Official parade route: Franklin County Fairgrounds; Main Street; Norwich Street; west on Cemetery Road to the roundabout; south on Main Street; and end at the United Methodist Church. The entire parade route will close to oncoming traffic starting at 9:55 a.m.
After the parade, head to Roger A. Reynolds Municipal Park for pool fun (12 p.m. – 9 p.m.), a digital scavenger hunt, food trucks (5 – 10 p.m.) and fireworks at dusk!
Check out the event map before heading to the park and remember that a few things have changed this year:
- Limited event parking due to construction: park at the Franklin County Fairgrounds and take the free shuttle to Municipal Park – shuttling will start at 6 p.m. There will be 4 labeled pickup points at the fairgrounds
- Handicap parking will be available in designated areas at Municipal Park
- The firework shoot zone has moved 1,200 feet west of the prior shoot location. The best viewing locations will be between the amphitheater and the baseball fields. Fields 1, 2, 5 and 6 will be available for seating
- There will be no carnival rides and games this year. Instead, check out the new digital scavenger hunt, head to the pool for games from 2 – 4 p.m. or grab a bite to eat at one of the ten local food trucks (starting at 5 p.m.)
- Scioto Darby Road, between Leppert Road and Bradford Road, will close to oncoming traffic at 9 p.m. until after the fireworks. Officers will be on scene managing traffic
Note: I am not affiliated with this event, I only list them; if you have a specific question, please use the contact information provided to get in touch with them directly